LTR Visa Application Steps Overview from Application Submission to Visa & Digital Work Permit Issuance.
- Application Submission.
- Register and submit online an application for qualifications endorsement and supporting documents for LTR Visa.
- Qualifications Endorsement.
- After receiving complete and valid documents, the application will be registered and sent for the qualifications endorsement by relevant agencies (such as Immigration, Thailand’s Board of Investment, Department of Consular Affairs, etc.). Applicants will be notified of the qualifications endorsement result within 20 working days (processing time might take longer if additional documents are requested).
- Note: Applicants may be requested additional documents/information to support the consideration of the government agencies during this process.
- Visa Issuance.
- Once approved, qualified applicants will be notified to submit additional information and documents for the pre-approval process, which takes 1-3 working days (processing time might take longer if additional documents are requested). After the pre-approval request has been approved, the applicant will receive the notification of the qualifications endorsement letter so that he/she can make an appointment for LTR Visa issuance at the Royal Thai Embassies/the Royal Thai Consulate Generals overseas or One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (Bangkok) within 60 days from the issuance date of the letter.
- Note: The processing fee for the 10-year visa with multiple entry is THB 50,000 per person in case of collecting LTR Visa in Thailand. In the case of collecting LTR Visa at the Royal Thai Embassies/the Royal Thai Consulate Generals overseas or E-visa, the fee may vary and considerably be more expensive than THB 50,000 per person per 10 years. (The fee also depends on the currency exchange rate of each country.)
Step 4 (Final)
- Digital Work Permit Issuance.
- LTR Visa holders who work for an entity in Thailand are required to apply for permission to work immediately after receiving LTR Visa or before employment with an entity in Thailand starts.
- After LTR Visa issuance, LTR Visa holders are required to apply for a work permit for their employment in Thailand via LTR Visa application system. The process takes 3-5 working days (processing time might take longer if additional documents are requested).
- Once the work permit request is approved, LTR Visa holders can make an appointment to collect the work permit at the Department of Employment at One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit, Chamchuri Square Building, Bangkok. The processing fee is THB 3,000 per year to maintain the work permit.
- Note: While the work permit request is still in process, LTR Visa holders are temporarily allowed to work in Thailand without the work permit. Work permit will not be granted for Work-From-Thailand Professionals holders since foreigners under this LTR Visa category are applying for the purpose of working for foreign employer abroad remotely from Thailand. Therefore, the person do not have Thai employers according to the digital work permit purpose.
- The overall process takes 1-2 months approximately.
Let us help you analyze the possibilities!
Get result shortly.
Free of charge.
LTR Visa Center (LTR.Center) is a web platform that is running by Star Visa Service14 Co., Ltd., a Certified Agent of Long Term Resident Visa (LTR Visa) project under the supervision of The Board of Investment of Thailand (BOI). View more information
WHY MUST Star Visa Service?
View our Google Reviews & Map
- We offer the best visa services for foreigners in Thailand with over 30-year experience since 1995.
- We gain the trust of government and private agencies.
- Honesty to customers and partners are our priority.
- We provide follow-up and after-service care consistently.
View our Google Reviews & Map
114/15-16 M. 4 T. Nong Pa Khrang,
Mueang Dist., Chiang Mai Thailand
Postal Code: 50000
Tel. +66 (0)84 264 5361, +66 (0)64 264 5141
WhatsApp: +66842645361, +66642645141
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook & LINE Official: @ltrvisa